Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catching Up

For those of you just tuning in, let me catch you up. In August of 2006, I got married to Olaf Winterton (hence, Winterton World for the blog name).
He works as a Senior Financial Analyst, and was raised in Napa, CA. I was working at a beautiful Golf Course in the Event Department coordinating Weddings and Corporate events. In October of 2006, I found out I was pregnant.
We were thrilled! By December, I was in the hospital every other day getting IV fluids and nutrients, because I had such severe morning sickness (what a crock, it lasts 24 hours a day. No "morning" to the sickness!). After a very long, difficult pregnancy, I gave birth to a beautiful, amazing little girl named Emma Claire. She was born on July 21st, 2007, weighed 8 lbs 1 oz, and was 21 inches long.

The next few months were a blur or midnight feedings, diaper changes, giggles, and just in general getting to know my little girl. I thought life couldn't possibly be any better.

In early December, Olaf and I moved in to a house in Roseville. I was so tired from all the packing, moving, unpacking, taking care of my family, that by the time Christmas came around, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I woke upa few days before Christmas, feeling a little sick. I thought "Hmmm...must be the flu." The next day, I started crying because there wasn't a front parking spot at the store. Strange? Yep, for me it was. So, Christmas Eve morning, while at Longs with my mother and grandmother, I snuck away, bought a pregnancy test, and, guess what...............positive! I was shocked. I can honestly say, that's the first and only time in my life I was completely, 100% taken by surprise. And after a few "OH MY GOD, I HAVE A 3 MONTH OLD, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?" moments, I started off on another pregnancy.
Luckily, this time, I wasn't nearly as sick. I ended up quitting my job, and became a full time stay at home mom. By May of 2008, I was ready to pop, I was so huge pregnant, again, in the Sacramento heat. And I still had a few months to go!!

Finally, after much coaxing, "Gus" was born on August 24th, tipping the scales at 9 lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long.

The birth was very rough, and traumatic. Gus ended up with a broken collar bone and lots of bruises, and I ended up with a broken tail bone. But, we got the little guy out in the world. We spent the first 10 days of his life in the hospital, since he was healing, and was a little jaundiced. Today, he is a happy, healthy, big baby boy! He's just 3 months old but is wearing 12 month old clothes.
So, this is us, our crazy family and busy life. I remain a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM), and stand by the fact that is the hardest, most demanding job there is, but that is also the most amazing, rewarding experience, and I know how lucky I am to be able to be in this position. I'll be posting on here as often as possible, hopefully every couple of days. The kids keep me full of funny, quirky stories that I'd love to share (Pictures included whenever possible).
Please, feel free to contact me, comment, as questions, etc. My life is an open book - not sure yet what the genre is, but I'm sure I'll find out!

3 comments:

kristen said...

love the new blog! great pics :)

White Family said...

Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gus! I love it! What a big boy! Olaf will have him in the gym and ripped in no time!